Thursday, June 05, 2008

IPL 2008 Grand Finale

Like most of the young crowd in India who likes cricket felt the vaccum in life without IPL in our daily schedules.It's like one month of terrific entertainment and nail biting finishes.
It has unearthed some young talented Indian cricketers to the world stage and play against some of the best international cricketers.

Having played my cricket for most of my time in my younger days(Before 26:)),I never thought of taking cricket as my career path since it is not lucrative as well as lot of politics behind it.Still a Ranji trophy cricketer who plays for his state will receive Rs 2500 for a match.Even that also after a month from the match day as Cheque.

In total IPL was a grand success led by carefull planning and superior administration.Though the length of the tournament can be reduced to give a good international window which will bring in more international players.

Lets discuss about the IPL final,I expected Rajasthan Royals to win but I supported Chennai team.My heart said CSK but my mind said RR.

Nevermind I had witnessed a tremendous match which lasted till the last ball of the match.Though Chennai could have won the final if they would have hold their nerves till the lat moment.

Kudos to Yusuf Pathan who played a blinder of innings to take RR closer to the total with lusty hitting.I feel he is going to contribute to Indian Cricket team in a big time and matured as a cricketer.

People say momentum is very important in cricket,that is the trick behind RR's success in IPL.Warne showed everyone with the kind of so called underdog resources,he portrayed a winning script with tremendous ownership among the team members.

My heart was beating too fast in the last few overs of the match and couldn't control myself with my emotions.I felt very sad when I saw CSK losing but I felt very proud for RR guys who played tremendous cricket through out the tournament.

For me as cricketer either CSK wins or RR wins,but cricket won there and gave me tremendous pleasure to witness one of the exciting games of cricket.

Waiting for the next edition of IPL with lesser matches but with lot of fun.....

No comments: